“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment”
The holiday season is just around the corner and before you know it, the New Year will be upon us. For sales professionals, it’s the craziest time of the year. Sales teams all over, will be fast at work to meet quotas and close all possible leads, as they prepare to close out the year with a bang.
Sales professionals will find themselves striving to reach their annual sales goals, but some remain unsure about how to successfully close deals under year-end sales pressure.
Many sales team’s last quarter is usually marked by abnormally high stress levels. As sales managers push their team to close more deals and meet annual sales targets, many clients and prospects may see the holiday season as a convenient excuse to postpone business-related purchases until next year.
SOUL SEARCHING QUESTIONS TO ASK OF YOURSELF
- What steps will I take to insure success in Q4?
- What will I commit to in order to insure my success?
- What is my tolerance for getting uncomfortable?
- What will this mean to me?
- Where will I be at the end of 2018?
- Why do I need to do in order to reach my goals?
“A close mind is a death sentence for sales reps”
Selling from the Heart
3 IDEAS TO IMPLEMENT TO CRUSH YOUR Q4 NUMBERS
In Q4, most sales will be won and lost based on one key factor: You! You hold the keys to your year-end sales success. Your competition isn’t winning because their offerings are more impressive. They’re winning because they’re delivering a more superior sales experience.
“We must keep it simple and get back to the basics”
1. STAY HYPER-FOCUSED ON YOUR GOALS
Go back to your business plan and reflect upon where you’re at compared to what you set forth to accomplish. Are you staying on task with your daily activities?
- Plan and prepare the night before
- Do the most difficult things first, such as prospecting
- Eliminate all distractions and time wasters
- Self-reflect on what needs to be done daily
Look at your numbers against your plan. What do I need to do in order to achieve my year- end sales goals? Create an addendum to your plan and it doesn’t have to be overly complicated. It’s a strategic and tactical plan for acquiring new business and growing existing business within the next 90 days.
Inside this addendum to your plan think about…
- New business acquisition strategies
- New business acquisition tactics
- Existing current client growth strategies
- Existing current client growth tactics
Then I encourage you to list three ways you will hold yourself personally accountable over the final 90 days of 2018.
2. GET REACQUAINTED WITH CURRENT CLIENTS
Often overlooked and one of the best sources of sales growth – retaining and growing the existing client base. It’s less expensive and more effective to retain current clients than it is to acquire new ones.
Spend the next 30 days in learning their year-end initiatives and how you can help them achieve their goals. Together you help each other win.
Uncover unknown opportunities to help your current clients. Dig in, dive in and become obsessed with this over the next 90 days.
Target your top clients and personally visit with them. Ask them this one question, “How can I help you do better business over the next 90 days?”
3. LEVERAGE SOCIAL TOOLS
Fuel new business growth over the next 90 days by integrating social into the sales plan. Your clients use social, your competitors use social, quite frankly; social has become deeply woven into our everyday way of life.
The core elements of integrating social into the sales process can be accomplished by:
- Building upon your personal brand – establish credibility and help create visibility within the marketplace
- Listen and research – understand what your clients and prospects are talking about… What’s important? What’s top of mind?
- Engage in conversations – join and start conversations moving them from online to offline
Crushing new business targets means integrating social tools into prospecting while building better relationships to enhance client relationships
Take Massive Action
Are you going to let the last 90 days of 2018 slip by? I encourage you to take massive action. You must do something NOW in order to achieve the results you want by the end of the year.
Success never falls from the sky. It is not like you wake up tomorrow and BOOM you’re at budget.
Success is not by accident, it is by design. Work your reengineered plan hard the next 90 days.
Start with your vision and self-reflect on it daily. Create the plan now and work relentlessly toward your goal, crush your Q4 sales goals!
Attention Sales Leaders…
Would you like to stoke the fires of success to help your team crush quota in Q4? Let’s do a virtual sales meeting! I’ll fire up your team. I’ll also include copies of Selling From the Heart to rejuvenate and inspire your reps. Interested? Contact us for details.